Adoption is often a tremendous blessing for parents and children. We assist clients with the adoption process and coordinate with the necessary state and private agencies that facilitate the adoption process. Whether you are involved with a standard adoption or a step-parent adoption, we can help.
While adoption is possible without an attorney, there are numerous benefits to hiring an attorney for your adoption. Some of these benefits include:
- Receiving an unbiased explanation of the various methods available for adoption.
- Access to the resources necessary to help you develop an adoption plan that is legally secure.
- Explanations of the rights you have under Texas law.
- Helping to assess the risks involved with adoption.
- Helping clarify your options for post-placement arrangements, if any, with the adopted child’s birth parents.
Lewis & Passons, P.C.’s goal is to help create new families through adoption, and to help potential adoptive parents understand the time, effort, and costs associated with the adoption process.
Contact our office to schedule an initial confidential consultation.