Child Support Enforcement

Unfortunately, parents do not always follow court orders regarding payment of their child support obligation. If your child’s mother or father is not paying child support as ordered, we can help you collect the money you are owed. In most situations, the court will also order that the other parent must reimburse you for the attorneys’ fees you incurred in pursuing the unpaid child support.

“I retained Andrew to assist me with an extremely difficult, highly contested divorce after my first lawyer struggled with my case for seven months. Andrew came strongly recommended by trusted friends. His legal knowledge, passion for the law, experience with the Denton Court system, and professionalism were exceptional. He carefully assessed my case, presented my options in terms I could understand, and took control of the proceedings in a way that greatly impressed me and gained the attention and respect of the opposing council. I was very pleased with the outcome of my divorce and highly recommend Andrew Passons.” –David (Review from

Here at Lewis, Passons & Darnell, P.C., we understand the complexity that often accompanies these delicate legal situations, and we are compassionate toward the financial and emotional distress that families can experience when a former partner fails to comply with court orders. We will bring our experienced and tough team of attorneys to bear in petitioning the court to enforce the child support order.

In order to enforce the child support order, we will first seek to have the offending parent found in contempt of court. If found in contempt, the parent could be incarcerated for up to six months and forced to pay a fine of up to $500 for each violation. We will also seek to place a child support lien on the obligor’s real and personal assets, such as bank accounts, retirement accounts, real estate, vehicles, computer equipment, etc.

In addition, we can help initiate income withholding for the obligor’s place of employment, request suspension of the obligor’s driver’s and occupational licenses, and work with the Attorney General to secure passport suspension and income tax refunds. In short, we will make every possible effort under the law to secure the child support arrangements and assure future child support payments are made.

Contact our office to schedule a private & confidential consultation with a Child Custody expert at your convenience.


Contact Our Office

Full Name(Required)
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.