Sarah has extensive family law litigation experience. Sarah is a smart, tenacious litigator who also recognizes the value of negotiated agreements in most family law cases. In 2012 she became Board Certified in the area of Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Prior to joining Lewis, Passons & Darnell in 2020, Sarah worked for several well-respected and well-known DFW area family law firms.
Sarah is a 2006 graduate of Oklahoma City University School of Law. She has always known that she wanted to practice family law. During law school she began focusing her career in the area of family law by obtaining a limited license to practice law in the state of Oklahoma. She was also a summer law clerk for the Honorable Judge Marilea Lewis of the 330th District Court in Dallas County, Texas.
In 2008, Sarah was invited to join the Annette Stewart American Inn of Court, which is an organization that is devoted to ethics and professionalism in the practice of family law. She is currently an associate member of the Annette Stewart American Inn of Court.
In 2010, Sarah attended and graduated from the American Bar Association (Family Law Section) Trial Advocacy Institute where she honed her trial skills.
Prior to law school, Ms. Darnell graduated cum laude from Sam Houston State University where, in 2002, she received a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a minor in Political Science. Ms. Darnell resides in Collin County with her husband and son.
Sarah Darnell’s Experience and Accolades Include:
- Licensed to practice law by the Supreme Court of Texas – 2006
- Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization – 2012
- Texas Rising Star – Thomson Reuters – 2010, 2014-2020
- Speaker/Author – TexasBarCLE courses
- 2020 Marriage Dissolution course
- 2019 Advanced Family Law course
- 2018 Advanced Family Law course
- 2018 Marriage Dissolution course
- 2017 Advanced Government Law course
- 2016 Family Law & Technology course
- 2016 Advanced Personal Injury Law course
- 2016 Marriage Dissolution course
- Associate Member – Annette Stewart American Inn of Court
- Member – State Bar of Texas Family Law Section
- Member – Texas Association of Family Law Specialists (TAFLS) (2013)
- Member – Denton County Bar Association
- Member – Collin County Bar Association
- Member – Dallas County Bar Association