Can I Get “Full Custody” Of My Children In Texas?

Answer:  The short answer is, it depends on what you mean.  The Texas Family Code does not provide for one parent to have “full custody.”  Texas parents will be named as “conservators” of their children in divorce and child custody cases.  Most parents will be “joint managing conservators”, but sometimes one parent will be the “sole managing conservator” and the other parent will be the “possessory conservator.”  Talk to your attorney about what these terms mean.

Lewis, Passons & Darnell, P.C.

Contact Our Office

Full Name(Required)
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.